Wednesday, November 3, 2010

New Life in SIT


It has been more than two months, my friends and I left Malaysia. So, many things had happened around me and many things I had learnt here in US. US is not the same as Malaysia. US is much2 more bigger than Malaysia. Even New Jersey, the state where I live is bigger than Malaysia (I guess :)).

Hoboken is the city which my university is located. Stevens Ins. of Technology is beside the Hudson River. So, when I first time stepped out to SIT, it was really2 windy. I felt like flying away. Anyway, the scenery from SIT is very beautiful. I can even see the scenery of New York City from SIT. It was really2 awesome.


Here, I have made some new friends. Think back, it is good to have no Malaysian in one of my classes. At least, I can try to speak and work with them. This is the way to improve my communication skills and become more confident.

Also, my cooking skills has improved a lot. Now, I can cook ayam masak lemak, sup ayam, and many mores. Here, I need to be independent. Can't depend on my mum already. Whenever I want to eat something, I google the recipe from the internet. Right now, I feel like want to eat 'pudding buah', but couldn't find custard powder. Hope I can find it soon.

Before this, I never played badminton for real. I remember the moment where Tini and I played badminton behind our block. It was just for fun. But now, I am proud to say that I have been in a badminton tournament. Unbelievable right??!! hehe..unfortunately, I lost. I am here not only for study. But, I want to experience new things. Last week, it was my first time playing squash. It was really2 fun indeed. Thanks for those who had willingly taught us how to play it. :)

For now, I really2 enjoy myself here. I will use my time here to explore more about the unidentified life of mine.




1 comment:

ReActivate said...

::: betul tuh nabila kena explore more.. lagipon kat US tak lama, sblm balik M'sia, ada laa kenangan & pengalaman drpd US.. Apa2pon study is a must.. Mana pic kat stevens' atau kat apartment? bestnyer dpt pi sana.. congrats Nabila.. Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha..